About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Reiki, Meditation, Yoga, Workout and Pilates

I've been a busy girl since I last wrote. On Saturday I had the pleasure of refreshing my Reiki skills with my Pilates instructor/Reiki Master, Janice, and my friends Yvette and Joni. It was an awesome day - with some huge revelations for me. I have continued my meditation daily since we last spoke - feeling more still each time I meditate.  It really only takes about 15 minutes or so a day to completely - well not really completely (LOL- still have a little drunk monkey in my head) - center me for the day. Plus, I went to my friend Alysia's meditation class at The Healing Shoppe – where she does a guided meditation which really helps in seeking guidance in life. I know that may sound a little out there – especially for a real estate broker to say – but it is true! I went back to the yoga class I tried a few weeks ago - and that was awesome too. Boy, do I need to get more limber though - which I understand will come with time. Thank goodness! And, today is my workout/Pilates day. I know don't ask me why I am doing both on the same day - scheduling issues. Yes. That's it. So, basically I moved my body for two hours today. YAY! This weekend I am doing The Grunion Run 5k in Dana Point with one of the ladies I did the Mud Run with – my friend Sue. It should be a beautiful weekend for the run – in my case mostly walk. LOL! Life is good.

1 comment:

John@Guided Meditation Download said...

Reiki meditation works by connecting the spirit to one’s body and works well with other treatments or therapies. It is very easy to learn and is often taught by a Reiki master.