About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Up at 5 a.m......

Actually, 4 a.m. without the time change - to get my coffee and drive to the Grunion Run 5K in Dana Point. It was mighty early to drive down there to participate in this run! I was one pooped girl when I got home. And, I didn't even see one Grunion. hahahaha!  I know they are only out at night. I think I was tired mostly because it was soooooo early to get up and on a Sunday too! Well, I mostly walked with a little jogging, but it was a nice time - beautiful scenery along the coast. Then my friend, Sue, and I had a a little breakfast at the Dana Point Harbor. The plan is to do more of these runs - and to get more proficient at the 5K's before moving on to the 10Ks. The next one we have planned is the beginning of May at the Orange County Marathon. Oh no I'm not doing the Marathon - not yet anyway. LOL! We will be doing another 5K that day. That event I'm sure will  have some very serious runner types attending. LOL! Not me...I'm happy with myself and with completing the run/walk this morning. Needless to say I didn't do my meditation this morning because I was up so early and rushed to get out the door - and I feel it. Or could it just be that I got up so early? LOL!  Seriously, I am really getting into the vibe of meditation. I know it sounds cliche, but I am serious. Meditating in the morning is really helping to shape my days - in a good and fabulously joyful way.

No comments: