About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Whacked hormones and being an Empath - where is my bubble?

I didn't quite make it to workout on Monday, Wednesday or today. I did go to my workout with my trainer on Tuesday though - only because I had to. Monday I said I was resting because of the run on Sunday, but that was a lie! And, of course I haven't been sleeping well at all! The motivation is just not there. Not sure if because I am such an Empath (empathetic person that picks up on the energy of others) I am just in a funk because of all that is going on around the world - the earthquake, tsunami, and radiation in Japan; all the turmoil in the Middle East, gas prices here....I could go on and on, which is so not like me. Usually, I am pretty good about not focusing on the bad. But, I really feel like I am picking up on the feelings these occurrences are bringing out in others. I am trying to stay in a good emotional state, but it is hard for me when I see the news and read things on the Internet. Maybe I just need to live in a bubble. I know that sounds unrealistic and self centered to live in a bubble, but I just can't take all the pain in the world right now. I've got to snap out of this. Plus, I just found out that my hormones are officially out of whack. In a way this is good news because the doctor said that my out of whack hormones could very well be the cause of my not sleeping well, my evening cravings, and my not releasing weight like I would like to.  So, I am doing something about it and I’m going to get my hormones working for me and not against me!  We shall see – I start on my new regimen tonight. I am optimistic that this will be the big turning point for me in my journey.  I’ve read that hormones not being in line can really wreck havoc on a body and its systems. I may well be living proof of this. The good news is that hormones can be regulated and get back to normal.  All I can say is that I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday and that I am seeing my former Prosperity Princess ladies tomorrow to talk about some positive manifesting. I really need that now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Live however you wish, if you feel like living in a bubble...go ahead and do it! It's not unrealistic if it makes you feel better!! Do what is best for you...if reading the news brings you down it's ok not to read it; besides who knows if you really get the whole truth anyways-some people may not understand but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is how you feel.