About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Meditation, Joy and a little Yoga

I am developing a routine - only been doing it two days though. LOL! But, I am excited so I am sharing. I am up by 6:30 (Monday I was up at 4:30 - and I got so much done in the morning!), meditation before 7:30 exercise done by 8:30 a.m., breakfast by 9 a.m., dressed to kill (in a good way I mean -business wise) by 9:30, lunch by 1 p.m., dinner before 7 p.m.  I feel so much better so far - I think I needed some structure. But, of course I'm not going to punish myself if I don't stick exactly to the routine every moment. Another thing I am famous for - the old all or nothing syndrome - which in the past mostly turned into doing nothing. I am going to use this routine as guideline of what is best case scenario and if I get a little off track that's okay because it is my routine. My meditations have been awesome in the morning. Like I said I actually started meditating awhile ago, but I was very inconsistent. Taking that 15-20 minutes in the morning to clear my mind, and let go of any tension is really helping me stay more in a state of joy all day long. My Keller Williams office has a poster in the meeting room that says - Meditate/Pray; Exercise and Eat; Hug, Kiss, Laugh; Plan and Calendar; Lead Generate - all before 11 a.m. I have looked at this poster for years during meetings - and basically just ignored it. But, now I'm getting pretty good at the first three. Now I have to work on the Plan and Calendar, and Lead Generation all before 11 a.m. and I should be doing great in all aspects of my life! The point is they know the importance of people taking care of their spiritual, physical and emotional needs before setting off to have a great day at work. I used to think that I had to just get out there and work as soon as I got up, and that never worked out to well. Because remember I used to have an all or nothing mentality - so you know what that means! Not much gets done! I get I get it!! - make yourself right and as close to a state of happiness and joy as you can before you get out there in the world. The sky's the limit now! Oh, and I am also incorporating Yoga into my routine - one day a week. I went to a class yesterday and it was awesome.

No comments: