About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Inspiration on fire

At the Keller Williams Family Reunion - which was awesome and a great business boost - they had an inspirational speaker that really got me thinking. His name is Patrick Henry Hughes, who is the most awesome piano player. He has triumphed over much to be what he is today - a moving piano player, an author and much more - but the twist is that he has been blind since birth and is confined to a wheelchair. Here is his inspirational story in a YouTube video - very moving. Patrick Henry Hughes' story. But, in watching him on the stage playing the piano and hearing his story, I realized that anything we always need to do the best we can with what we have. It really is true. I keep being shown that this is true almost every day lately. Hearing his story, though, made me realize we can be grateful for what we have no matter how big or small it may seem. This young man is not only happy, he is productive. Makes me really think about the times I sit around procrastinating.  So, I am on it. I am going to be the fit person I want to be very, very soon. Or shall I am say "I am a fit fifty year old." I am now motivated to be the best I can be in so many ways - in my business, in my relationships, in my health, in my spirituality. I am inspired to be all that I can be. I being the key word. I am going to be what I can be - do what I can do!

No comments: