About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, January 24, 2011

21 day detox program begins

I started a 21 day detox today. I had planned to put up the video of my visit to with Dr. Richard at Integrative Natural Health, but I am having technical difficulties with uploading the video. Soon I hope to resolve these problems and post some videos! I'm sure you can't wait to see them! But, for now I can describe what I am doing, basically the detox program is eating REAL ORGANIC FOOD, and not processed food, plus eliminating dairy and alcohol (these might be a little tougher for me than eating real food!), and taking some supplements that aid in detoxifying the liver and colon. So, I'll be eating lots of vegetables, fruit, nut milks, salad, soups, whole grains and whole grain pastas and breads - doesn't sound to bad. I picked a few things from my garden that I'll be eating, plus I planted some new things including - cabbage, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, Swiss chard, and artichokes. I can't wait until I can pick those too!

No comments: