About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First day of Class - What is your passion?


Tonight was the first day of my Intro to Business Class - with 55 students. WOW!  Well, eventually the class can only hold 45, but tonight there were 55 people listening to everything I said.  I realized as I do every time I teach a class that this is one of my passions. I love, love, love helping people learn and grow. Tonight I had the students write down three things that they love to do, and then I had them pass the list to another student.  And, then that student brainstormed on how the other student’s passions could possibly translate into a career, a business venture or a non-profit organization.  It was awesome - they came up with some really great ideas for each other. I am so grateful to be able to teach business, marketing and advertising, but what I would really love to do is to teach what I am learning on this journey.  I am thinking that my passions and my experiences and the lessons I have learned could translate into a new career for me - you never know!  Obviously, one of my passions is writing or I don't think I would have been able to write this blog day after day after day! No really! Oh and I think I'm kind of funny! LOL!  I know I am sharing my story via this blog, but I am going to expand my reach by including videos of my journey and posting them on YouTube.  Crazy – I know!  So, we will see where utilizing my passions leads me - my passions besides teaching/public speaking (I just love it when I am in front of the class teaching - when I see that spark of interest or that look of ah-ha it just makes my day!) and writing , include gardening, exercising (yes, I really do like it, especially golf!), eating (Obviously! Got to make it healthy eating though!), reading, being outdoors, and traveling.   So, stay tuned and look for those YouTube videos soon!

No comments: