About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, January 28, 2011

New camcorder and some cool stuff

I said I was going to to the YouTube videos and I am. Darn it - I am! I bought a new pocket camcorder/camera - I needed a new camera anyway since I managed to break that somehow. So, soon the videos will be coming - first I have to figure out how to use it.

Day five of the detox - I have done pretty well, not perfect but pretty darn good. I am feeling pretty good too. We will see how I feel on day 21. I am really being conscious of what I eat, making sure it is as close to REAL food as possible. It is not all that hard to do - just don't eat anything that has a label. Hahahahaha! No really! Lots of fruit, vegetables, no cheese (I did have a little yesterday, I have to admit - but that is pretty good for me since I am a cheese fiend!)

Today I had an awesome meeting with my friends to talk about how to stay in joy - how to stay joyous in life when things are happening good and bad at such a fast pace. We are reading a book call Ask and it is Given by Jerry and Esther Hicks - it is really putting some of the concepts and things I have learned in the last year regarding spirituality (not sure that is really the right term) into the light. I seem to be getting closer every day to having that sense of peace that I think is necessary to love yourself and love your body - to be in a healthy place emotionally, spiritually and physically.

No comments: