About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Aloha from Hawaii

We are here in Hawaii and it is just gorgeous. The hotel is really nice and we have a great view of the ocean from our room. The lava rock on the island is an interesting contrast to the tall waving palm trees and azul blue ocean. Really cool! Yesterday we just got settled and had a little sushi for dinner...nummy - some of the best I have ever had. I'm sure we will be going back for more - perhaps on Saturday night when the restaurant has Kareoke (sp?) too! LOL! We sat out on the shore and looked at all the stars in the night sky last night at about midnight - it really is amazing how many stars you can see out here in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Absolutely astonishing - really makes you think - who or what is out there on all those planets in all those universes?

Today we took a dip in the pool, shopped around a craft boutique at the hotel and then went to Kona to walk around and shop a bit more and also drove to gorgeous bay - I can't remember the name of it. LOL! The names here are all so long and hard to pronounce! We have lots of fun planned this week. I'll fill you in on all the fun as we go along on our journey in paradise.

No comments: