About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More Ah Ha's!

The Universe keeps showing me that being in gratitude and letting go of FEAR - False Evidence Appearing Real - is the key to my journey.  The subject came up again in a big way today in my Power of Focus Class at Keller Williams Realty taught by Wanda Peyton, who is a great motivational speaker and spiritual teacher. Today as I sat in the class almost every word spoken by Wanda and every person in the room seemed to be directly impactful for me. It was so awesome and yet so extraordinary - I really do believe we attract just the right people and places, and things into our lives when we are vibrationally in a good place and feeling happy. You know my favorite quote that I've quoted numerous times in this blog -"Whether you think you can or you think you can't - you are right." Well, today in class I turned around and looked at the back wall of the classroom, which I have been in probably a hundred times and there it was written in big bold words on the wall. I knew that the walls had motivational quotes on them, but never once had I noticed that particular one. It was crazy!  Then Wanda told us about a recent visit with her granddaughter, who has Spinal Bifida, and about all the challenges this young woman has overcome with a loving light presence. The story nearly brought me to tears (actually it did), as she spoke of all the hardships this woman has in her day-to-day life and I could only think of one word – gratitude! Gratitude for all that I have in my life, for my healthy body that is able to move and walk and run (well not really run yet, but jog!), and do anything it pleases, and for all the abundance and love I have in my life. She spoke of cutting cords to get rid of negative connections, something I had learned earlier from Birkan Tore in the Atlantean Healing Class that I took earlier this year. But, for some reason when Wanda described how she “cut the cord” to the woman who was responsible for a car accident that  killed her husband eight years ago, and how after cutting the cord to this woman she was able to live in light again something resonated deep inside my being. After today’s class, the people I met in Hawaii and a couple of CDs I have been listening to since I arrived home I think I have finally figured out how to release this weight forever and get all that I want. I know it sounds too easy to be true - but I am pretty sure what I need to do is have gratitude for all that I do have, live from a place of love not loss, keep in a state lightness and happiness, practice mindful eating, and move my body. I know that sounds too simple to be true, but I am pretty sure that is what will work. I’ll let you know as the weeks go on now that I have taken off my Gowearfit band, stopped reading books about weight loss, and stopped counting calories. Now the journey really begins!

No comments: