About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Enough is Enough...back on the straight and narrow!!!

After Las Vegas....I have decided that I still need some monitoring so to speak. And, I have put my gowearfit monitor back on and am starting to log my calories on the website again. I found out that when not monitoring myself I went right back to my old habits - not good. But, now that is over!!! I had a great time in Las Vegas, even went to a night club until 4 a.m. - hence part of the problem, but also part of the fun! Hahahaha!!!! I guess we all need to have a little fun every now and then, but ever since I went to Hawaii (which was about a month ago) I have been way off of my fitness journey. I was having one big month long birthday celebration without any thoughts about eating healthy or exercising!!!! - which is the way it should be when you turn fifty!!!! LOL! But, now it is time to get back on track. I had a great workout this morning - oh boy was it hard though after all that time off. I guess I thought maintenance meant party time - well I guess since it was my birthday it WAS party time. Hahahaha! Okay! Now what? Just healthy eating and exercising regularly - no big pressure to make my goal by my birthday anymore since it is past. But, I still want to and will make my goal - I am hoping sometime in 2011. I am going to set some other fitness goals for myself this year. I am thinking maybe a mini triathlon, or a mini bi-athlon, or maybe a series of goals - 5K, 10K, bi-athlon, mini triathlon - not sure yet what I am going to do. Anyone done anything like this have any suggestions? The other thing that I am going to do is get my personal training certificate this year, and probably one in some sort of nutrition too. I'm going to act the part of what I am going to be NOW! And, most importantly I am going to be in a state of joy while enjoying life - always being in gratitude about what I have and thinking positive about what the future will bring.

“I have noticed that the Universe loves gratitude. The more grateful you are, the more goodies you get. When I say ‘goodies,’ I don’t mean only material things. I mean all the people, places, and experiences that make life so wonderfully worth living.” - Louise L. Hay

Hmmmmmm.....words to ponder. I'm going to keep thinking those good thoughts in gratitude! How about you?

No comments: