About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 365 of my journey - Happy New Year!

WOW! I can't believe it has been a whole year since I started my journey - and what a journey it has been - 314 posts later. I didn't quite make posting everyday! But, boy 314 posts that is a lot of words and thoughts. WOA! So, what can I say about the last year? I lost 21 pounds, not the 80 I had said I set out to lose, but I am very happy with what I have lost because I have gained so much in the process. And, I know I will be at a healthy fit weight soon! It is rather odd to recap an entire year in words - something maybe I should do every year. It really makes one think about how each moment of life should be lived to the fullest. Looking back over my year I can say I have definitely had my ups and my downs - more ups than downs thank goodness! I have had quite an emotional journey looking back at my posts, and I have done many hours of exercise, plus I have tried a variety of new recipes and foods, and I have had a pretty fun year as a whole. And, I think this year has served as a year of learning, growing and figuring out how to release weight. I think I have it figured out now after many starts and stops and a lot of pondering, thinking and reading. We will see what the next few months shows weight release wise. In the meantime I am going to talk about what I have learned about exercising tomorrow, what I have learned about eating on Sunday and what I have learned about emotions, feelings, integrity, accountability, choices and consequences and all the other thought things on Monday, which by the way is what I think is by far the most important component in any weight loss journey. Hey, if you read my year of Blog posts that is more than obvious, isn’t it? Hahahahahaha! But, I think I have it under control now. I think I found the thing that will put everything into perspective. I know I am teasing now, but I will tell you all soon ….very soon. This year I learned to be a better gardener (still working on that!), learned to dance (sort of), taught some awesome students about International business, sold some houses, welcomed a new son-in-law into the family, welcomed two new grandson’s into the family, went to Las Vegas twice, celebrated my 11th wedding anniversary with Steve, saved a hummingbird, took a writing class, went to Universal Studios with my Pee Wee, and had the most fabulous 50th birthday ever, complete with a trip to Kona, Hawaii, a surprise limo ride and dinner with friends, fabulous and fun meals with many other friends and family, watching the Chargers win a shut out game (awesome) and swimming with dolphins. I truly am blessed and so very grateful for all that I have, and my wonderful family and friends, my great husband, my wonderful pets, and that I am continuing on this incredible journey. I wish everyone a happy, safe New Year’s. I am laying low finishing the last day of my juice fast, and really looking forward to my first day of healthy solid food and the first day of what I think is going to be the best year ever!!!! Blessing to all!

No comments: