About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I am getting tired of this.....time to think about shaking it up!

I hate to say it, but I am getting tired of trying to release this weight, writing this blog, exercising, watching what I eat, etc. I'm not really in a so called funk now, but I just have lost my zeal for the whole process. I guess in reality that isn't too bad, since I have been doing this for 285 days. Don't worry - I'm not giving up. I'm not even taking a break. I guess I am just venting. I am human after all! I had a good workout this morning and a great meditation class last night. And, I ate very healthy today. I guess this whole thing is just getting boring to me. I think it may be more than just about the weight loss journey - I think it is about much more. I was just saying to Steve the other day that I feel a little lost and then last night in the meditation class when I encountered John Lennon (very long story!) and perhaps uncovered that I am just going through the motions in life right now. I really think I need something more to focus on - selling real estate just doesn't seem to be enough now. Maybe I am feeling this way because there are only 30 more days until my 50th birthday and I won't be at my goal. I don't really think that is the biggest issue - I think it is just how much significance society puts on certain numbers - 50 years old being one of them. I am not over the hill and I don't want to be over the hill so to speak. Yes. Maybe it is time to do something outrageous and fun, or different or meaningful, or thought provoking or crazy - in a good way - maybe just maybe it is time to shake it up. Not sure how, but pretty sure that might be the ticket. Something!? Any ideas?

No comments: