About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Malibu beach hike and Cardio Disco Jam....

This morning we went on an awsome hike to Zuma Beach in Malibu - walked on the sand for about a mile and then up the cliffs and over to the other side. Pretty cool!  We even saw a pod (I think it is called a pod) dolphins swimming along the shore - so neat to see! I am thinking that I would love to go hiking at the beach more often. It was so much fun! Don't get me wrong it was hard too, as you can see by how high up on the cliff we hiked. Then it was off to a wonderful stretch class. It felt so good to stretch after walking in the sand and climbing the cliff paths.
After that it was circuit training again, the Cardio Disco Jam - which was hilarious, as well as super fun. The instructor - who was a guy - dressed up in a sequin top, shorts with a peace sign belt and some silver high top tennis shoes. And, the moves were insane! LOL! It was a bit of the seventies all over again. I'm not quite sure what I looked like. LOL! But, it sure was fun. The last class of the day was Liquid Moves - in the pool - swimming and running and who would think it was hard to hold some floaty weights over your head and run around the pool. Oh yes it is - my arms can tell you so!

 Alas, tomorrow is my last day.  I am a little sad to go, but also can't wait to get home to see the hubby and my little Cleopatra princess puppy.

The contestants from season 12 of Biggest Loser are definitely here. We saw them numerous times around th resort - looking like they had just worked out very, very hard. It looks like they are eating the same meals as we are - not sure what that means or how that will play out during the season. Hmmmmm.....
Off to do my laundry so I won't have to do it when I get home on Sunday. More of my adventures tomorrow.


No comments: