About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Maintenance.....


...that is what I shall focus on until the end of the year. Thank goodness!!! I decided that being on a "diet" per say for ten months is a long time for even the hardiest of souls. And, lord knows I am not even that hardy - but I have been on this journey for a long time. According to my counselor it is best to "diet" for at the most four months. Ooopppsss! I went six months too many! That indeed was probably much of the source of my mood and my state the last few weeks. I think once I completed my three visits to the Biggest Loser Resort this year I just hit a wall, just like one of my supporters said. And, he was right – this marathon is continuing, but for now I am getting a much need drink of water so to speak and rest on my journey by focusing on maintaining my 21 pound weight loss. I still have more to go, but for now I will be focusing on keeping my weight the same, and if I lose in the process great - but that is not the goal. I feel so relieved!!! I will still be posting - no worries. At least there shouldn't be too many down days now that I am in this stage of my journey. I have some more exciting news too – that I will share soon.

No comments: