About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kettle Balls Plus

Workout bright and early this morning with Kettle Balls, plus a ton of sit ups and push ups, and that wasn't even boot camp. That is tomorrow morning - unless it is pouring rain - then I might just skip it. Weather forecast says 40 percent chance of rain - let's hope it is wrong! I am missing my friends at the Biggest Loser Resort. I am keeping in touch via facebook and it sounds like they are plugging away to lose more pounds quickly. I guess I am glad to be home. Yes. I am. I just have to keep my eating in line. Tomorrow I will be at a training all day so I am going to make a crockpot chicken. Here is the recipe. It sounds really good. We shall see.

1 roasting chicken
1/2 c. chicken broth
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. olive oil
1/4 c. honey
1 t. Worchester sauce
2 t. balsamic vinegar
2 t. lemon juice
1 t. sesame oil
2 T. chopped garlic
combine all ingredients, put chicken in crockpot without skin (pat dry first). Pour mixture over chicken and cook on low setting for 8 hours.

The recipe says to serve it with jasmine rice. I think I will do that and add some green beans.

No comments: