About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Some quotes to ponder

Your thoughts are the architects of your destiny.
- David O. McKay

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
- William Shakespeare

Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life.
- Burton Hills

You must motivate yourself EVERYDAY.
- Matthew Stasior

One must eat to live and not live to eat.
- Moliere

We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same.
- Carlos Castaneda

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Life can be found only in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life.
- Thich Nhat Hanh

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
- Henry David Thoreau

You attract into your life, exactly what and who you are, based upon what you think
- Oprah

All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
- Buddha

The secret is the answer to all that has been, all that is and all that will ever be.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

And, my all time favorite.

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right.
- Henry Ford

Time to start thinking positive again and get the things I want out of life. In looking at these quotes I realize that I should have been thinking positive thoughts when I was in my funk. But, that is okay because I am now!

No comments: