About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, October 25, 2010

What is self respect ?

Respect yourself and others will respect you.  ~Confucius 
Self-respect is the cornerstone of all virtue.  ~John Herschel

I had an interesting day today - trying to figure out exactly what self respect is compared to self esteem, compared to self love. I think they all mean something a little different.

Tonight I will talk about self respect because I am leaning toward that being the most important. According to the dictionary the definition of SELF RESPECT is "due respect for oneself, one's character, and one's conduct" or "a proper respect for oneself as a human being." 

No comments: