About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Made it through another day. YAY!

Today was pretty good - but I am sore and tired. Went on the same hike I went on on Monday - so that was good to know what the route was and what to expect. Then  I had two pool classes - who thought the pool could be so much exercise. Then on to a toning class in a park, which was really nice to be outside in nature looking at trees, and beautiful blue skies with floating white clouds. Then the dreaded treading class - five minutes as hard as you can go then five minute recovery, then four minutes as hard as you can  go and then four minute recovery, all the way down to one minute. I actually ran - which is big for me. I think I have ran a little each day I have been here - must be the bootcamp before I came here.

After dinner tonight the producers of the Biggest Loser came in to answer questions. It was pretty intersesting. Also, the contestants from season 12 were working out right near where we were doing our outdoor workout - I could see the crew setting up for the filming. And, I also saw a boxing rink - probably not supposed to say that - but I wonder what that means. Hmmmm.....boxing contestants??? Who knows!

Tomorrow is the beach hike to Doheny Beach - that should be fun and challenging at the same time. I am looking forward to that hike.  I am pooped so I am going to take a shower and read a little and hit the sack before another challenging, yet exciting day tomorrow. I can't wait to see how much I have lost on Sunday!

No comments: