About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Big Bad Binge

Yesterday I had a big bad binge in many ways. Not good! Not good at all - very damaging to my goal of being a fit and healthy. Ever wake up knowing you did something bad, very bad and know you need to change some things in your life? Well, that is what happened to me this morning. A couple of people witnessed my big bad binge and bad behavior. I hope they will forgive me. I realized something about myself this morning. I have a recurring pattern that is detrimental to my health and my relationships. And, it is going to change. It has to change. And, today is the day that I change!!! That is it – that is enough – I am done loosing control. No more!!

Okay. Now that I have made that declaration on to something productive. Here is a delicious recipe for Healthy Coconut Macadamia Chicken. It sounds nummy. I am going to try it tomorrow. I have made a similar dish without the coconut milk, which I think will make this dish supper tasty.
Healthy Coconut Macadamia Chicken
1-2 cups unsweetened, organic, shredded coconut; 1-2 cups raw, unsalted macadamia nuts, crushed; 1 cup coconut cream/milk; pinch unprocessed sea salt; 1-1/2 to 2 pounds organic chicken breast tenders; 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil.
Marinate chicken breast in coconut cream or milk for 3-8 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat glass baking dish with coconut oil. Mix crushed macadamia nuts and shredded coconut in bowl. Roll chicken breast in coconut/macadamia mixture and place in baking dish. Cook 35-45 minutes (baking time varies according to different ovens). Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes. Serve with jasmine rice, quinoa and asparagus or veggie of your choice.

No comments: