About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Digging in the Dirt

I didn’t walk the Wilderness Trail today because my walking buddy wasn’t feeling well. I know I could have gone on my own, but since it was going to be my first time and I didn’t know what to expect – I went to the gym instead. Much more boring, I’m sure. I was really looking forward to taking in the great view from the top of the hill. I will get there soon!! So, today I did cardio at the gym after I unpacked my Gowearfit monitor and installed it. It wasn’t that difficult to do. It is so cool. I wore the armband all day and even downloaded the data twice. I know, crazy, but I was anxious to see how it worked. I inputted my food intake. The program does the calorie calculating for you and it calculates how many steps you are taking and how many calories you are burning. So, far today, as of this very moment I have burned – DRUM ROLL - 3358 calories and taken 9117 steps. By midnight tonight I should have reached my goal of burning 3800 calories and taking 10000 steps. This is so motivating to me. This is going to be the tool to put my fitness journey into overdrive.

And, after the gym I took a delightful trip to Armstrong Nursery to get some more plants. I really enjoy going there and looking at all the beautiful plants and pots and fun stuff. Today I bought a bunch of seedlings - artichoke, cantaloupe (something ate my other plant), jalapeno pepper, Anahiem chili, basil, cilantro, spinach, eggplant, cauliflower and cucumber. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon planting, weeding, digging and basically playing in my garden. I really love the feeling I get when I am out there digging in the dirt. There were humming birds, doves, lots of bees, even a giant back bumble bee – they were all fabulous. I really feel like I accomplished something today – digging in the dirt. I believe what I accomplished was grounding myself and actually living in the moment. I feel great now!! And, I think it helped in burning so many calories today!!! Woo Hoo!!

No comments: