About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Stumbling in the parking lot....Oh no...

This morning while I was doing sprints - that's right sprints - my knee locked up. I stumbled and almost went down!! But, I caught myself. I thought, "Oh great here we go I'm going to be injured." Then I said to myself,"Oh NO I’m not. I am going to be fine. It will be fine in a few minutes." I hobbled back into the gym and did some other exercises. And, low and behold it was back to normal in about 10 minutes. Marc, my trainer says I need to work on strengthening my hamstring on that leg - the one on which I had knee surgery – torn ACL - about 20 years ago. So, that I will do because I do not want to get injured. I will not get injured.

My Gowearfit calorie and heart rate monitor came in today. It looks pretty cool. It is charging now, but I did set up all my stats online and put in my food for the day - pretty cool how it calculates everything. It is going to be so awesome to see how many calories I am burning a day. I can’t wait. Tomorrow will be the test when I do the Wilderness Trail – which is a five mile nature trail - with my friend Laurie. 8:30 a.m. Can’t wait!!!

No comments: