About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right."

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right. Oh boy! Those are some words to heed. We have to keep our thoughts positive in order to create the life we desire. I am learning this more and more with all of the experiences that I have been having lately in my life – the Atlantean Healing Workshop that I attended last weekend, the books we read in Prosperity Princesses, the CD’s I have been listening to about how to manifest your desires. This one particular phrase is coming up in everything I have encountered lately. Interesting – how the Universe is speaking to ME!

In this case, I don’t think I can win the Biggest Looser family challenge, I know I can. I am thinking about it everyday. I am obsessed with it. It will happen and I will be 40 pounds lighter on May 31st.

Today I met with my trainer Marc for my quarterly review. We talked about my triggers, which I have quite a few. LOL. I came to the conclusion one of the biggest ones is being influenced by others and what they are doing - like when I come home from teaching tonight and my husband is eating a big batch of Kentucky Fried Chicken complete with mashed potatoes and coleslaw. It smells pretty good - probably because I am hungry. At first I thought, "I'll just have one little drumstick piece." Then I decided that would be dumb because that is not in line with my goal - with my obsession. And, I don't even like Kentucky Fried Chicken!!!! What was I thinking? I am seeing patterns like this in my life.

Why would I want to eat something that I don't even like when I am in a challenge to release weight? Good question, right? Until recently I would have said I have no idea why I would want to do that or say I just don't have any willpower. But, I know now that it is one of my thought patterns - years and years of the same pattern - completely ingrained in my brain like deeply embedded tire tracks on a dirt road. But, I am changing those thought patterns that hinder me and creating new ones. Or should I say going back to the healthy patterns/habits that I used to have. I am no stranger to a healthy fit lifestyle – it’s just been a few years. I'm going to find those patterns and get back into the healthy fit lifestyle groove again. Well, actually I am already well on my way. I just need to be consistent with my eating habits - even on weekends. Oh those dreaded weekends. Oh great and this weekend is Easter!!!

Don't worry. I will be fine. I'm obsessed. Remember. And, I think I can!

As I finish this post the song "Eye of the Tiger" from the Rocky movie is playing on the television in the other room. Interesting!!

No comments: