About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Real Me

Just think this time next month I will be at Biggest Looser Resort. I can’t believe it is coming up so soon. Tonight was the weigh in for our family contest, and ARGHHHH I didn’t win the half way prize. I came in second. I guess that is good because it will give me incentive to keep going, keep pushing to win the whole contest, right?

Today at Prosperity Princesses we were talking about how important it is to stay in a state of joy and gratitude to be able to manifest your desires and dreams. That is my goal to be in a constant, or a least pretty close to constant, state of joy and gratitude and also focus. Yes focus. When you are a little ADD like me you tend to try to do too many things at once and not really get much accomplished. But, I sure do look busy doing this. LOL. That is going to change!! I’m also going to concentrate on doing things that bring me joy and not doing things that don’t that I think I have to do. Of course there are some things we do have to do in life – but from now on if whatever I am doing must bring me joy or it is out. Boy, that could mean some things will be changing in my life. One of my goals when I started this journey, in addition to becoming fit and fitting in to a size 8, was to find my authentic self. You know what I mean. The real me - not the person my parents, my friends, my husband, my kids, my brother and whoever else in my life thinks I should be, but the person I want to be. It might take a little effort for me to get to that person, but I feel a change is coming. I wonder what I’m going to be when I get to that authentic self. Or should I say I wonder who I’m going to be. Or should I say what will I be doing. I have so many dreams and desires from long ago that have been resurfacing seemingly asking me to take a second look at the possibilities they offer. I’m excited. This should be interesting and fun!!

No comments: