About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Double workout today

Okay! I am going to kick some butt. Today I did a double workout - I guess I was so inspired by the Biggest Looser last night. They were getting up at 3 a.m. to workout and staying up until midnight to get more workout time in. And, it paid off for them. So, I thought - I'm busy but not that busy. I can work out twice in a day. So today I went to the gym and did an hour of cardio - bike and treadmill. Then I worked on the computer all day and went on my Euclid walk at about 5 p.m. So, it can be done. No excuses!! Tomorrow I will get in a walk early in the morning and that will probably be it, since I teach class tomorrow night. But, the plan for Friday is workout with my trainer and then do the Euclid hill right after that. I'll probably need a nap after that. LOL.

I ordered GoWear fit Lifestyle and Calorie Management System yesteray. The GoWearfit has an armband that measures how many calories you burn, how many steps you take, how physically active you are, and how much sleep you're getting. You wear it during the course of your regular day, then plug it into your computer and upload your data to your personal GoWear fit Online Activity Manager. The Manager helps you establish your goals, tracks your progress, and gives you tools to help you know how many calories you're eating, on average, per day. I'm hoping this will help me know exactly how many calories I am burning and eating, so I know where I stand and what I need to do to get to my goal. I'm supposed to get this on Friday. I'll let you know how well it works.

No comments: