About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

WHAT?

Today I went to the UCLA Festival of books and helped my brother sell his books. He is the photographer/publisher of Past and Present books on San Diego, San Francisco, Hollywood and Los Angeles. So, it was fun selling his books to the passersby. I walked around a lot and looked at a lot of books – it was great all those books in one place! I love to read. Plus, there were quite a few authors speaking. We wandered over to see on of them speak – it was Daisy Fuentes – the international model/television host talking about her book titled Unforgettable You. While she was speaking many things dawned on me – it was really odd that she said so many things that struck me. But, I guess you never know where you will find the messages you need. After the talk was over, we walked over (more walking!) to buy a book and decided what the heck let’s get it signed. So, we waited in line to get the book signed. And, I walked up to have her sign the book and she said, “I really like your make-up.” I was thinking WHAT? - a super model is telling me she likes MY make-up! Hmmmmm… I graciously said thank you. Then she continued on to say, “You have the most gorgeous eyes.” WHAT! At that moment I knew I had to just believe in myself and what a great person I am inside and out, and I know now I will reach my goal. And, I even think I might just be up on that stage in a year or two talking about my incredible journey. You never know. Remember thoughts become things!

No comments: