About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Why are some days harder than others?

I'm not sure why some days are harder than others. Today I had a great workout this morning - more boxing. But, all day today again, I have just wanted to eat and eat. I did succumb to two See's candies, argh! I guess that could have been a lot worse, right? I think I need to go back again and heed my own advice about planning. If I have a plan with the right foods, I don't have a problem. But, if I don't have a plan like I didn't today or yesterday, then I seem to be more tempted. Duh! Just plan every single day! How hard can that be? Actually for me it is easier said than done, but I know there are plenty of people that plan all their meals everyday. I remember when I was in college I had a roommate that would plan her breakfast and lunch, and then prepare an elaborate meal each night. We all (my three other roommates) thought she was crazy! We were eating Lean Cuisines, popcorn, frozen yogurt and bagels! And, not gaining a pound. But, I do remember going to aerobics almost everyday back then – looking like the girl in Flash Dance. Well, not really, but…you know what I mean. I bet she is still planning her meals everyday. LOL! Only 24 days until I take off for the Biggest Loser Resort. Oh my gosh, I can't believe it is so close. I am a little apprehensive - since I am going by myself. Hopefully I will make some new friends. I'm sure I will. I'm also a little apprehensive about what we will be doing. The scheduled seemed pretty rigorous. Here it is again.

6:00 am - Open Gym or Class
7:00 am - Breakfast
8:00 am - Hike / Walk
11:30 am - Water Aerobics
12:45 pm - Lunch
1:15 pm - Education Series: Cooking Demo
2:30 pm - Kickboxing
3:30 pm - Circuit Training
4:30 pm - Stretch
5:30 pm - Dinner
6:15 pm - Education Series: Intuitive Eating

Looking at this schedule again it should be a piece of cake!!! Especially since I won’t have to worry about anything else like working, of taking care of the house, my husband, etc. I love you honey, but you do take some work!!! I hope I’m not being too cocky!!

No comments: