About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Change is inevitable...flexibility is key

My friend, Laurie, my walking buddy, who I was walking with quite consistently, is moving to Utah. How could she do this to me? No really - I am very happy for her. Tonight I went to dinner with her…for the last time for awhile anyway. She is starting a new life there with a great man. But, boy I am going to miss her! I need a new walking partner. I hiked last weekend with my friend Kimiko. But, she is only available on weekends. So, at least that is one or two days a week of walking. Hiking with her is going to be awesome, but I need more hikes. I found a group called “Women who Love Life” on www.meetup.com. Well, actually my husband found them for me. I think he was afraid he would have to walk with me. God forbid! LOL! I will leave him to his racquetball (sp?) games. I am hoping this new group will be my new walking buddies…okay I guess I am going to have to step it up and go hiking. That is what I need - so this will be good. So, soon I will call myself a hiker. Okay, maybe not so soon. But, I will be out there walking up steep trails burning tons of calories. Change is inevitable…..flexibility is key! Right?

No comments: