About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Golf and Beach Walk

Yesterday I played 18 holes of golf. Michele and I walked the first nine, but then we were so hot and so tired we wimped out and got a cart for the last nine. I stilled burned 1220 calories during the golf game. I even got a birdie! For the non-golfers that means I scored below par by one on one hole. My plan is to golf at least twice a month, hopefully more. It is such a great calorie burner, plus it is tons of fun. Watch out Tiger Woods! LOL! Then this morning Michele and I went on a great walk along the beach in San Clemente - it was just perfect - burning 590 calories. I really love my gofitwear monitor!

I've really been thinking a lot about being Mindful, instead of Mindless about what I eat and how I feel. So, my I have been working overtime in figuring out how I feel when I want to eat or drink. And, I am getting better at listening to my body and my emotions. Exciting stuff. I think this it the breakthrough that is going to change the way I look at food forever. YAY!

No comments: