About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Hummingbird rescue, a movie and some jewelery

Yesterday I found a baby hummingbird on my back patio. It had fallen out of it's nest. I was so worried about it all day yesterday. I kept checking to see if it 's mother was feeding it, and finally I saw her actually feed it. I was so relieved. It appeared that it's brother or sister died in some sort of attack or something from another bird. Today I took the poor dead bird down and buried it. Makayla and I made it a little grave. Then we took our little friend and put a stick near it's little feet. It grasped onto the stick and we gently lifted it up to it's nest again. It sat in it's nest. We waited awhile, and thank goodness the mother found it in the nest again, and fed it again. Below is a photo of my little friend in it's nest. Then we made a padded area below the nest in case it falls out again. So, I am hoping that soon my little friend will fly away and I will see it in my garden.  Before the rescue, Makayla and I went to the movies. That was about all my exercise for the day. And, of course two walks for my Cleo. Tonight I went to see and buy some fabulous Silpada jewelery from my friend Yvette. So, all and all today was a great day!

No comments: