About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Potato Mountain kicked my butt

I hiked a trail called Potato Mountain this morning instead of the Wilderness Trail. When my friend, Kimiko, and I arrived at the Wilderness Trail there were so many cars and people it was like trying to get into Disneyland. So, she suggested we go to another less popular trail. I was glad - I really didn't want to run in to any snakes. LOL! So, we drove up the road to Mt. Baldy - yes up that way! We pulled off to the side of the road and there was the gate to the trail. So, we started on the trail and for awhile it was okay. Then the trail got steeper and steeper and steeper until it was so steep, for me anyway, that I had to keep stopping to catch my breath. We decided we would go to the fork in the road and then start back down. Evidently this trail goes even higher and steeper past the fork. Kimiko kept telling me that the fork was right around the next bend. This started to elicit memories of the Mud Run when the Marines were telling me you are almost there when I knew I had only gone a couple of miles or so. Lies – all Lies! It was probably another 45 minutes past the first time she told me this. When we got to the fork you could see the whole valley. Kimiko said that on a clear day you can see Catalina Island. It was a beautiful trail with many trees and flowers, and bugs. Yes bugs – lots of bugs including many bees. Those who don’t like bees beware. Apparently there is a bee hive at the top of the hill that produces honey for sale. All in all it was a great morning - albeit all my suffering and complaining. And, we plan to do another hike next Saturday. I realized this morning I really need to get back to hiking/walking if I am going to make it through another week at the Biggest Loser Resort. The best part was that I burned 850 calories during the hike! YAY!

No comments: