About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Walks, more walks and a cleanse

I am now taking my Cleo for two walks a day. I think she needs the exercise. I suppose I do too! LOL! I made some great wild salmon with lemon and lemon pepper, organic broccoli, and brown rice with red peppers (not organic, I know - bad, but everything else in the meal was organic) sautéed in a little olive oil, a few sliced almonds and some feta cheese to top of the rice, for dinner. Nummy! And, good for me too! I have to admit that I didn't not do my weight workout this morning - hold on before you go oh no not again - I did go to the gym and do cardio rocking out to my iPod! So, I did exercise.


I have ordered a three day cleanse from www.healthforce.com. They have some awesome products - greens and other great super foods. They also have a great online education series. I have felt lethargic, tired, and a little out of it lately. I received an email about an online seminar about cleanses and it seemed like something that would benefit me now. So, we shall see. And, I know from all my other posts that if you aren't eating organic all the time and you are eating processed foods you are taking in a ton of pesticides and other crap that isn't so good for the body. I have to admit that although I do eat from my garden and buy organic, I do still succumb to buying processed foods, eating out and just not always eating healthy food. Hey, if I was eating super clean I'd be releasing weight faster, right? So, I thought this might help get my body to a point where it would crave the clean food rather than the pasta, ice cream, nachos and tacos from the Mexican restaurant loaded with who knows what kind of fat. Boy, just writing that makes me think YUCK, YUCK, YUCK to food filled with crap, pesticides and other things that I can't even pronounce. It can't be good for us. Something to think about.

No comments: