About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 183 - Insights into the first six months of my journey

As I sat down to write this, I realized that today is day 183 - or the half way point of my year of blogging my way to my ideal weight and fitness. I can't believe I have been on this journey for that many days - sure I missed blogging a couple of days here and there - probably about 10 or so total. But, most days I have posted - whether my post be long or short, funny or frustrating, informative or silly, upsetting or motivating - I have stuck with it. Not too bad! As I sit here with the 4th of July weekend in front of me and many, many blog posts behind me, I am thinking what have I learned so far on this journey? Maybe I haven’t lost as many pounds as I would have liked in the last six months, but I have lost weight and become more fit, and I have learned A LOT! I have learned and done many things in the last six months – I have worked out A LOT, walked many miles (I wonder just how many?), boxed, written many words, golfed (not so well, but I love it!), done Pilates, gardened (picked and ate many gorgeous vegetables), manifested many fabulous things in my life, read many wonderful insightful books, learned to dance the Rumba, the Cha Cha, the Foxtrot, the Meringue, and the Swing, ran (okay jogged), planned many meals, binged (I have to admit to that one. I am working on that!), quoted many fabulous people, learned Atlantean Healing (very interesting stuff), listened WAY too many times to that stupid little drunk monkey on my shoulder (no not a real one – the one that tells you to do things you shouldn’t do), learned the difference between (okay I am still learning) actual vs. emotional hunger, liberated my feelings (well, some of them anyway. I am still working on that too.), learned that our thoughts become our actions and things in our lives, ran (OKAY , OKAY…I walked most of the way) in the mud for 6.2 miles at the Camp Pendleton Mud Run, spent a week at the Biggest Loser Fitness Resort exercising 7 hours a day (yep - 7 hours a day!), and most of all I have gotten to know myself better. It has been a process and I really thought I knew myself pretty well – I’m going to be fifty for goodness sake – but I have learned so much more about myself in these last six months. Most of all I have learned that I still have a lot of growing and learning to do – and that life is a journey of growing and developing, changing and shifting, and learning and gaining insight. The biggest thing that I have discovered on this journey so far is that when I achieve my weight and fitness goal I would like to help others complete theirs. I guess that is the teacher in me. I think that will probably be one of the most fulfilling parts of this adventure for me besides being at my goal weight and in awesome shape. So, I am looking forward with great promise to releasing more pounds in the next six months and enjoying this fabulous journey that I am on. Have a safe and wonderful 4th of July!

No comments: