About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

An amazing week and a blue butterfly!

This week was amazing!  Everyone here at the Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge is  awesome - all the trainers, the staff and all the other guests. This is a place of metamorphosis - a place of  accomplishment, optimism and challenges. Even the seemingly most fit person could challenge themself with a week here at the resort. Tonight was 'graduation' for all those that are leaving tomorrow - which is me. It is a little bitter sweet - I challenged myself to new heights this week, met some really great people who motivated me and who I motivated. The graduation consisted of a a presentation of a DVD of all of us sweating and pushing it, and still photos too. The presentation, along with all the sincere words of encouragement and triumphs made me cry. But, those of you that know me well know that I cry easily! But, seriously when people spoke of there accomplishments - conquering things they thought they could never do and tales of amazing fitness and health journeys - it was so heartwarming and special. I will definitely take what I have learned home with me and follow what I have learned to continue on this fitness and health journey that I am on. One valid point that one of the trainers mentioned tonight was that there is no end to this journey - you can always improve something  in your fitness and health. And, that is the journey I want to be on - one of consistent improvement of me, my health, my body, my mind and my soul.

I am excited to see hubby tomorrow and to relax a little in Las Vegas, after my six days of 7 hours of working out a day. Woo Hoo! Tomorrow morning I will be 'tested out' - where you see how many inches and pounds you have released. I can't wait to see! I'll let you know tomorrow from Las Vegas.

Oh yes....what did we do today. It was a light day  - we only did a two and a half hour hike and a circuit training class. LOL!  Then I had a fabulous massage and got a pedicure - my poor feet really needed it!

The bluebutterfly was a tatoo on one of the guest's shoulder. I noticed it a lunch the other day and then tonight when she spoke and told us all that she had lost 125 pounds in the last year and a half - I knew I could do it too. She said to those of us that are still on our weight loss journey - she is at her goal weight now and was here to get more fit and more toned -  that we should not give up and that we can do it. That is when I really shed a tear because at that moment I knew I was going to reach my goal too! When I decidede to manifest bluebutterflies I had know idea they would all have messages! So awesome!

No comments: