About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Bounty from the garden and some great words of wisdom

Here is what I picked in my garden today - after being gone for almost two weeks my garden is a mess. It needs weeding and picking bad.  But, today I picked a ton of tomatoes, green beans, jalapenos, green peppers, bell peppers, a small pumpkin, a crazy looking cucumber, a purple and white eggplant and a couple of squash - not quite sure what they are. The other day I picked two foot long zucchinis - that is what happens when you don't tend to your garden in the summer. LOL!

Any ideas of what to make with all these veggies?

And, the words of wisdom:

I was reminded today that I attract the people, situations, experiences, etc. into my life that my repetitive thoughts create. If I'm living something that's unwanted, it's simply due to a dominant thought pattern that I'm co-creating. Change the focus, change your life. Focus on what you DO want and you will begin to attract that higher vibration into your life. 
Today I tried to go to Zumba class - I drove around in the parking lot for 15 minutes without finding a parking place - then I gave up because the class had already started. This turned out to be good news for Cleo- we went for a long walk - with a little jogging too. She loved it! Tomorrow a hike with Kimiko. We shall see if I have improved after a week of hiking in Utah. I hope so - the "hills" around here are killer!

No comments: