About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Declaration of Independence....

Here is my Declaration of Independence that I wrote as part of my counseling through the Biggest Loser Resort. I thought I'd share it with you. Only 10 more days until I go back again. YAY!!!

My Declaration of Independence

When in the course of my life it becomes necessary for me to dissolve the emotional and psychological bonds I have developed with food and negative body image, which are connected to the overweight state of my body and lack of self esteem. I hereby willingly resolve to conquer the oppression of this state. With the laws of nature, the Universe and God, I allow myself to have a healthy respect for my body and my emotions which will set me free from this self-imposed cruelty to my body and soul, and the suppression of my emotions, which will propel me into a new healthy lifestyle and a state of joy, bliss and delight.

When a long train of abuses and usurpations have plundered my life in this unhealthy path, it now is my responsibility to transform now and forever more my life to a state of absolute love, nurturing and respect for my body and my emotions.

I, therefore, declare that I, Suzanne, will dissolve all negative connection between real and/or perceived tribulations from my past and present, and to do all other acts and things which will inherently free me from the bondage of resentment, fear, and unhealthfulness.

I pledge to:

Nurture my body and soul, as I would nurture a child.

Realize that everything is how it needs to be right now, and look past the illusion to see the underlying order of my life.

Follow my intuition and manifest my dreams into reality.

Take action to bring my ideas to fruition.

Focus on my highest priorities to become mindful and motivated.

Keep and open mind, and learn new ideas. Then teach these new ideas to others.

Get outside, get some fresh air, and connect with nature to relieve stress, gain a new healthy lifestyle and encourage creative ideas.

No comments: