About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Packing, packing, packing and Eat Pray Love

I spent most of today packing and doing laundry. Fun, fun! Then we went to see Eat, Pray, Love and had a nice dinner. A great movie – in my opinion. It had so many things in it that applied to me and my journey/metamorphosis. One epiphany that I loved was that we should live life doing the Dolce Far Niente - the sweetness of doing nothing. Or in other words just enjoy life! What a concept! That was profound to me because I am always busying myself with projects and this and that. I just loved the movie. I read the book and loved that too. Another thing I got from it was that we need to forgive ourselves and move on with our lives – which was pretty much what the main character’s focus. Hmmmm….I think that is something I need to take heed and do. Forgive self and others! So, I am so ready! So ready to get on the plane for Utah tomorrow and kick some hiking, exercising, and swimming butt.

No comments: