About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Climb

Well, I made it through the infamous stop sign hike here at Biggest Loser Resort. This was the longest steepest road I think I have ever seen, well not ever seen, but ever had the pleasure of walking up.  LOL! It was a beautiful hike, if you weren't looking at the pavement below your feet. LOL! Anyway, it was a climb. As you can see I was a sweaty mess after we made it to the top, even my entire baseball cap was soaked and all the hair in my ponytail. Now that is a workout! I feel great that I was able to do this - last time I didn't because I had a giant blister so I turned around at what they call the small stop sign. The rest of the day consisted of stretch - thank goodness, circuit training, Zumba - very fun - I will be doing this at the club when I get home, and games in the pool - also very fun - I think I want to get a pool now. I found out just how competitive I am when I intercepted quiet a few balls in the basketball like game we played in the pool.

Only one more day here - can't wait to see my results and then off to Las Vegas. Tomorrow will consist of one more hike and another class. Then I am getting a massage - I deserve it, and a pedicure - I need it. My feet really took a beating here with all the hiking. But, it was well worth it.

No comments: