About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, August 16, 2010

First day at the Biggest Loser Resort

Or should I say second first day at Biggest Loser Resort. I can't say it was any easier today than the last time I was here. The good news is that I knew what to expect hence less apprehension. This morning started bright and early with a two and a half hour hike. It was beautiful, but boy what a hill. I need to make sure I keep hiking when I get home. So, Kimiko I'll be looking for you on weekends. Now I just need a couple of weekday hikes when I get home and I'll be set. Any takers? Anyway, then after the hike was breakfast - I was so hungry by that time. Then we had stretch class which felt great, but was challenging for me. I'm gonna need to take some more yoga classes! Then it was Mountain - just like it sounds you basically simulate climing a mountain on either a bike, treadmill or elipital. I opted for bike and boy were my thighs burning. Then some lunch and a lecture. Then Deep Water Treading - yep a class dedicated to trying to drown the participants in the deep end. I survived - I'm writing this, right? Then it was circuite training - which is a combo between weight lifting and cardio - two sets of weights then to the cardio machine for 2 minutes - then on the the next weight machine and on and on and on. Then core class - I thought oh my stomach muscles are strong - not - not strong enought for this class. Ouchy!!! Then a delish dinner of chicken with wasabi mashed potatoes and asparagus. Now I am here in my room trying to prep my body and mind for tomorrow. Also, really realizing that I really don't have a very good connection with my body. I sort of just think about my face, my hands, my feet and my mind - and just ignore all then rest of it. I'm getting a connection with my body and learning to love it for what it can do and hopefully nurturing it and taking care of it (like going on a two and half hour hike) so it can do more. Last time I was here I wasn't thinking about my body like that - but this time I am. I think I am on to something here. I think it is called freedom.

No comments: