About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Eating Guidelines

I am counting down the days until I go back to the Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge. I will be arriving there in 13 days. Then the fun begins in 14 days with the morning hike at 6 a.m. I’m going to do some hikes before I go to get back into the swing of things. I can’t believe it is August already and I am going back there. Boy time sure flies. I guess when you have work and other things going on its time goes by quickly. I remember when I was talking about going for the first time and about doing the Mud Run. That was more than two months ago now. WOW!

I also have to admit that I have not put my gofitwear monitor back on yet, nor have I weighed myself. Tomorrow I will do both – with 13 days to go I must!

I just finished the book Women, Food and God – really good book. I am going to share the author’s guidelines for eating – pretty simple sounding. She also has guidelines for inquiring to yourself what you are feeling and what your body is feeling. Pretty cool stuff. In looking at them I don’t do most of them, most of the time. But, I am going to now.

Here are The Eating Guidelines:
1. Eat when you are hungry.
2. Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
3. Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspapers, books, intense or anxiety-producing conversations or music.
4. Eat what your body wants.
5. Eat until you are satisfied.
6. Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
7. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure.

These sound obvious and easy, but in fact I can say that many times I eat when I am not hungry, I eat in the car, I eat while watching television, I don’t always eat what my body wants, I often eat past satisfaction until I am too full, and I sometimes eat alone at night. So, looks like I have some work to do here. How about you?

No comments: