About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Farewell Dance

Tonight was our last dancing lesson. I was sad to end the lessons - we became quite close with the instructors Tatiana and Art. Great people. - really great dancers! We may go back in a few months. Steve and I can now say that we can dance the Rumba, Foxtrot and Meringue with some degree of perfection. Well, probably not perfection, but we can dance those three fairly well. We can also do a bit of Swing, Salsa and Cha Cha. I will have to find a new form of exercise that is fun to take the place of dancing. I'm thinking golfing. Anyone up for golf?

Now it there are only Friday and Saturday for me to pack and get ready for my trip to the Biggest Loser Resort. I am excited! I will be hiking in the beautiful Utah mountains and enjoying some delectable, healthy food. Mmmmmm….. And, then on the way home a couple of nights in Las Vegas at the Red Rock Resort with my sweetie - should be a fun ten days for me.

Tonight in my conference call with my Biggest Loser counselor I was given an assignment to write an essay about an emotion stemming from something in my life that I feel is holding me back from releasing this weight. I have to write something that helps me get through my emotions about a particular subject. I may share more later – but for now that is all I am going to say. Some of you can probably figure out what it is. This will be difficult, but hopefully it will be very cathartic and let me move on to better things.

No comments: