About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kettle Balls Plus

Great workout today!! Ever used a kettle ball? Well, it is basically a metal ball with a handle that you swing around in various ways making your muscles very sore! It is actually a pretty fun type of workout - breaks the monotony. Watching the Biggest Looser tonight I saw a commercial about the Biggest Looser Resort, where I will be spending four weeks - count em' - four weeks – not all at once though. I can’t leave work, hubbie and Cleo for that long all at once. That seems like a long time to be working my butt off. But, I will do whatever I have to do to get this done! I really wish I was going to my first week at the Resort before May, but I guess going in May will have to do. This is a journey after all. One thing that I should be working on besides my fitness journey is my writing. And, I have not written one thing since I started my writing class. What is that all about?. I am wondering if I have having writer’s block because I am worried about all the feelings that might come out when I do finally start writing. I have promised myself that I will write this weekend. I will let you know how that goes and share some of my writing as well. I guess I am sharing my writing now. Duh! One last thought - "Ever have the feeling your life, your true work, has not yet begun?
Ever feel like you're here for something more than you've yet identified? And that a billion eyes are upon you, just waiting for the prophecy to unfold?," from Notes from the Universe from www.tut.com. Hmmmmmm.......I feel that way a lot lately!

No comments: