About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Running....and dogs...lots of them

Today I ran/walked about two miles - I think - I need to clock it tomorrow. I set out on foot out of my house with Cleo, instead of going to the gym to do the treadmill and the stationary bike. I thought since it was such a beautiful day - why would I want to be inside when I could be outside in the sunshine. It was beautiful outside and perfect weather, not to hot, not to cool. I walked to a neighborhood that I usually don't take Cleo for a walk in - and guess what - it was dog city. Thus, I actually ran a lot more than I planned. LOL! Every time I would hear a dog bark and start jumping on the backyard fence...Cleo and I would run - run for our lives from the German Shepherds, the Pit Bulls, the Labradors, and all the other huge dogs that were taking a liking to my little Cleo. She isn't really that little, she weighs about 40 pounds, but all the dogs we experienced today were way bigger than her and probably a lot tougher. Maybe the just wanted to meet my little princess, but I wasn't taking any chances. It was probably pretty humorous to anyone watching us. I had on my iPod so I could just hear a little barking, and then I would see the dogs fiercely jumping on the backyard fences of the homes as we walked by. And, we were off for at least a couple of blocks. It was sort of surreal. But, I guess it was a good thing...it made me run more. LOL! Should I go again? I think yes. It was an adventure for us.

No comments: