About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Planning and Super Foods

Today I planned all my meals for the week and made a grocery list. Tomorrow I will purchase all the healthy foods I need to make my meals. Tomorrow I am going to finalize my workout schedule for next week and we are off.....

Also, today I was introduced to Super Foods. I wasn't really sure what this term meant before, although I had heard the term. Today in speaking with one of my good friends, Michele, and her son, who is training to be a personal trainer, I learned about a whole new array of foods that can support our bodies with the vital nutrients we need to be healthy and yes, at our ideal weight. Today I tried the Cacau bean. A different tasting bean, that is actually the bean that chocolate is made from, but sans the sugar and butter that is added to make chocolate. There are a wide array of Super Foods available from a huge variety of manufacturers. I am going to research them more before I post further about this subject. I am excited that this may be another way to assist me on my journey. In the next couple of posts you can look forward to an overview of Super Foods and their health and nutrient values. So stay tuned for more information.

No comments: