About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Running in parking lots

I ran in the parking lot with my trainer this morning carrying 10 pound weights and I thought I was going to die. Oh my goodness. I guess I still have along way to go to do the Mud Run. I now have a running plan to get me to the Mud Run in June. I'm going to work on my food plan and the rest of my exercise plan tomorrow. This is going to happen. I am going to wear a size 8 and I am going to look and feel great. I'm looking forward to my workout in the morning and then dancing later. I'm getting the hang of this being active lifestyle thing. Tonight I had a salad that was grown completely in my garden. Have you ever had Mustard Greens? Doesn't sound so good, but boy are they tasty. My salad had Bibb Lettuce, Red Lettuce, Spinach, Purple and regular Mustard Greens and Sorrel, oh and radishes. How is that for a colorful salad? It really tasted great. It was fun to go outside and pick the salad and then eat it. And, I had 15 bean and barley soup with ground turkey with my salad. Now that sounds pretty healthy to me. I'm on the right track.

No comments: