About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, February 8, 2010

No more "Vegas Baby"

Now that I am home, I am saying "Oh No" instead of "Vegas Baby." That should tell the whole story about this weekend. I alluded to the way the weekend went with my three very short posts - really difficult to type much on a blackberry. Now I am home and ready to confess to my sins. I'm thinking that going to Las Vegas definitely is not good for the quest for size 8. Although we did walk around a lot, we also had numerous free cocktails and spent way too much money gambling. My friend Lynn did tell me that when we are away and on vacation we should enjoy our food and drink, and then when we get home get back on track. So, that is pretty much what I did. And, I have to say I was very glad to be back to my more sedate schedule today. I can't believe I am saying that - I am actually settling in to my new healthier routine. Even though, I was off in many ways this weekend, I still maintained a much more conservative attitude to food than I would have in the past. So, I guess we shall say "What happens in Vegas -stays in Vegas," and I am certain they referring to calories too!!! I am really looking forward to my workout tomorrow. Hmmm….. I see an attitude shift developing!!

No comments: