About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Planning and Journaling

I need to get back to planning and journaling. How easy it is to get off track with doing that. Today when the dinner hour arrived,I had know idea what I was going to make for dinner. I did manage to find some brussel sprouts, fish and brown rice to cook, but it made me realize that I have not been planning very well - not my meals or my workouts. I did go to the gym today and did the stationary bike and a walk/ran on the treadmillfor 45 minutes (I was one sweaty Betty after that!), but I just went when I felt like it without a plan, which messed up my day. So, next week I am going to plan my workouts and stick to the plan and plan my meals and stick to the plan. What a concept!! I will make a meal plan on Saturday for the week, shop for food and cook what I can make ahead of time on Sunday. And, I will plan my workouts and the times of my workouts. Also, I have changed my weigh in day to Monday - trying to avoid the weekend party with the "little drunk monkey." Remember that guy!!! I'm going to show him he can't boss me around every weekend!!! We will see if that gets the scale moving more quickly. I think it will...I know it will!!!

No comments: