About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Our thoughts become things

Our thoughts become our reality or our thoughts become things. I am reading a great book called Infinite Possibilities by Mike Dooley. It is one of the books that the Prosperity Princesses group is reading and discussing now. I realized today that everything that happens in our lives begins with a thought, whether it be a negative thought or a positive thought. Here is what he said about weight loss - "dwell on the body of your dreams, not the "problem" body, and for good measure, remind yourself that while you might want the comfort of food, so do you want the comfort of a slender self. Whichever desire is greater will win." So, from now on I will be envisioning the body of my dreams. Today we did a magnetizing at Prosperity Princesses and I envisioned myself running the Mud Run. I could feel my body moving, I could hear my rhythmic breathing. I could feel my elation when I crossed the finish line!! Woo Hoo!! The others in the group told me they could see me jumping on a trampoline to get into shape for the big event. I think I'm going to buy a trampoline.

No comments: