About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New Baby and Really good Chili Recipe

Sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day - no workout today. I planned to go to the gym to do cardio and yoga, but now I am babysitting one grandchild, while another is born. Baby Swartz number three is on the way!! :)As I type... Thank goodness I started this chili earlier today....more tomorrow. Boy? Girl?

Here is a really good Turkey Chili Recipe courtesy of Jillian Micheals:

Black Bean Turkey Chili
Ingredients

1 pounds turkey, ground
1 cup(s) onion(s), coarsely chopped
1 pepper(s), red, bell, seeded & cut into 1/4-inch cubes
2 clove(s) garlic, minced
2 pepper(s), jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
1/2 tablespoon oregano, dried
1/2 teaspoon marjoram, dried
1/4 teaspoon pepper, red flakes
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
16 ounce(s) tomatoes, whole, canned, undrained & coarsely chopped
16 ounce(s) beans, black, rinsed and well drained
1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
4 tablespoon cheese, cheddar, shredded
Preparation

In a 3-quart saucepan, combine turkey, onion, red pepper, garlic, jalapeño pepper, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, marjoram, red pepper flakes and cinnamon. Cook mixture over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink.

Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.

Stir in beans and cilantro. Continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes.

Serve topped with Cheddar cheese.

No comments: