About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Reflections on Month One

Today I gave myself the day off. No tracking calories and no working out – just a massage for me today. I didn’t even work in my garden. I didn’t intend to give myself the day off, but when I realized today is the last day of the first month of my journey I decided I needed a day off. Tonight I am even having spaghetti for dinner and maybe a glass or two of wine. I hope this won’t be a mistake come Friday weigh-in day, but I think it is the right thing to do. Maybe next month I will even take the day off of blogging too!! In the future I will give myself one day off a month – the last day of each month.

The figures for the first month of my journey are in. Drum roll………I lost 9 pounds total. I worked out 20 days out of 31. As the first month of my journey comes to an end, I realize that this is a journey in more ways than one. It isn’t just about releasing weight. It is also about finding my authentic self. This month brought about many feelings and lessons for me. I learned that I have to plan my meals and workouts to be successful. I had several melt downs. I cried. I laughed. I walked. I walked. I walked. I sweated, and I mean sweated! I got frustrated. I was excited when I saw a lower number on the scale each week. I saw a shooting star. I learned I have to be honest with myself. I had many conversations with “the little drunk monkey.” I tried new recipes. I learned I had choices and that all my choices lead to consequences whether they be bad or good. I discovered that I am an emotional eater. I think I already knew that!! But, now I really see my patterns. I reserved my fourth week at the Biggest Looser Resort. Woo Hoo!!! (I am trying to talk Steve into going with me for one of the weeks.) I doubted myself. I was proud of myself. I was disappointed in myself. I learned that I have to take this journey day-by-day, meal-by-meal. I was supported by many of my friends and family members. I didn’t get support from one person – but hey I don’t need his support anyway I have enough other supporters.

If you are one of my supporters and you haven’t signed up as a follower, please do. I really want to see many followers of my journey. I’ll be looking for you as one of my followers tomorrow!!!

No comments: